Thursday, September 15, 2005

Working atmosphere



Sewing Sounds
One of the women working for my mother, has been with her for the past four years. She is the person to the right, in a blue top. Every time I come to shoot a close up of her working she starts talking to me, which I found endearing. This time I tried to record the sound of the sewing machine, and she told me that "svaka se neiscesljana cura ne uda!" "every girl that doesn`t comb her hair, won`t get merried." In this clip, you can hear (I hope) our conversation over the sound of the sewing machine. She went on to explain that if a girl doesn`t get nicely dressed, and sneaks out of the house without looking good, and of course combing her hair, she won`t get merried. Having got married, I was relieved that I don`t need to worry too much about combing my hair ;-) To hear the sound clip please click on the Sewing Sounds link above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home