Monday, August 29, 2005

SRETAN PUT!


No, this is not Bosnia! And I am still in England! In fact I am about to set off for the airport, bags packed (just about) and butterflies lodged in my inner belly fighting for space to fly.
I went to Lyme Regis (border Devon/Dorset) this weekend, to relax by the sea, and prepare for the journey...and feel that it will be a steep cultural flight coming straight from the English seaside to Bosnia. And wonder, if perhaps family life, relationships, odd things lurking, unsaid greivances, and innocent intimacy are all the same everywhere...

I land at 10;20 pm local time in Zagreb, where I will be picked up by a cousin, of whom I am very fond of. He works as a car salesman, but really he ought to be a professor of philosophy! The amount of books he's read and the stuff he knows, and the delicate soul he has, I can't quite imagine selling Mercs, Porches and the lot that Croatia buys in abundance (curtesy of credit cards). I am then dropped off at my other cousin's place, where my grandmother will also be (visiting for a doctor's appointment). Tomorrow, I take a bus, at 10.30am to Banja Luka, Bosnia. I should be arriving about lunchtime, but things can be unpredicatble. Last time, the bus from Ljubljana, my sister travelled in, broke down twice, and they changed buses twice. When the second bus broke down, then had to wait for the first bus to be repaired to pick them up ;-) I hope I'll have more luck!

My next blog should be from Banja Luka, wish me SRETAN PUT...Bon Voyage...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home