Wednesday, August 17, 2005

URRRR....

Konichiwa!
I was trying to do something clever like Trevor and post my PR stuff somewhere on the Blog site but it seems to have come up on the main blog so maybe I'm stuffed and people'll think I'm a pretentious prat but as I'm a jobbing poet people all think I'm a pretentious prat anyway so what the hell...
Good Morning World, and especially the NJ people! Hi Dinu, now somewhere in China I trust. Looking at Margareta's map (may a thousand golden apples roll your way for all your work and a thousand golden Koi carp chirp your praise continually to the sound of heavenly bells!) Dinu and I will soon only be separated by 600 miles of water, lots of mountains and kalpas of recent internecine emnity, so maybe we can meet up for green tea and a chat??? Took note of a quote I saw in Bristol Central Library yesterday: "Research is what you are doing when you don't know what you are doing" (Werner von Braun). Sounds like a good NJ slogan: a Necessary Journey is what you're doing when you don't know where the hell what the hell or why the hell you're doing it (and, probably for all of us sometime on the trip, where in hell!).

I'll stop myself prating on ... I've got hold of Lesley Downer's 'On the Narrow Road to the Deep North' from Amazon, bless their little cotton sox - an out-of-print tale of her attempts to follow Basho's trail in the '80s. I'm trying to actually get hold of her, so if anyone out there knows her, please email me. Otherwise doing mundane things like buying lightweight hiking boots in the sales (£28 quid reduced from 57, if you're interested) to reduce the load, watching 'The Last Samurai', 'Kagemusha', 'The 7 Samurai', reading the Bushido Shoshinsu, books on landscape photography, Manga comics...

Video debate: Dinu, been tlk2 Picture This re. equipment and training & group show etc will keep U pstd

1 Comments:

Blogger Margareta Kern said...

Hi Ralph!really enjoyed reading your blog!you're a natural ;-) And Thanks for all the apples and praise! I can't take all of it myself, and have to flag up my husband's support, as he is my IT (and emotional) support, and also an avid blogger himself http://www.20six.co.uk/snappy

For a few more apples I may email you instructions how to post your PR stuff like Trevor did (I'll email you when grab a mo these days)

Also, good to hear your prep is going well. I am also buying buying, some strange things like 'wall mount support for the camera' which makes me think a lot of 'big brother' then I shudder at the thought that my project may resamble BBrother (it even rhymes)Had funny chat with my mother who said 'I don't get what are you actually going to do? is it like a reportaza (reporting) about what I do?' I took a deep breath (like your analogy of deep breath) and summersied it as an artistic reporting (umjetnicka reportaza), which worked, or at least I hope so...Am very excited about going, allthough still hard to imagine I will be there in 12 days.
We'll stay in touch via this blogging business...

take care and SRETAN PUT!
Margareta

8:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home