Friday, October 07, 2005

Returning Dream

I dreamt that I was flying

But first I kicked a priest
screamed at him
for he didn't believe
that I could be in two places at the same time.

I was back
home
in Bosnia
and Croatia

A big bowl of plums
open (raspucene)
filled with water
so the worms would not survive
they all foated on the top

Maybe my mother will make a jam,
or 'knedle'
she made none
this autumn.

I realise I am back in Bosnia, but that I flew to Britain only a few days ago. This impossibility struck me as strange. How can I be in two places at the same time?

I knew that if I opened my eyes
I would be back in Britain
So I continued keeping my eyes shut.
And the dream continued...

I was in a fancy shop, like a French style delicatessen, small portions of fancy food. Other tourists were there too. a young couple, also passing by, wanting to buy the beautiful food, but settled on a sandwich which seemed affordible.

I walk out
see the coast
the sea
the harbour
realise I am in Croatia
Familiar scenes of boats bopping in the water, in repetative rythm, bop, bop, bop

But I am only visiting,
I scream at the priest
and swear to God that when I open my eyes
I will disappear.
He doesn't believe me,
so I grab him, lift him, high, high
then let him go
I am being chased
so I take off
and
fly
fly
fly

knowing I am soon back home

in London.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home